FiiO FA9 6 Knowles Balanced Armature Driver IEM Earphones
FiiO has released its latest flagship pair of in-ear monitors, the FiiO FA9. Enjoy music with a clear, transparent midrange and a most vivid top end. These high-performance BA drivers from Knowles have a frequency range that reaches far beyond the human hearing and each driver is fitted with its own sound tube for perfect timing properties. In addition, FiiO applied a passive crossover with mini dip switches with which you can slightly amplify high, mid and low frequencies to tune these headphones to your personal taste. The result is a highly musical and vibrant music reproduction with a solid bass that starts as low as 15Hz.
Unmatched Sound Output
FiiO FA9 is equipped with six Knowles balanced armature driver units on each side. It features SWFK-31736 balanced armature unit for providing a crisp detailed treble section, Knowles 33877 unit for providing solid sweet vocals and acoustic details in the mids section and HODVTEC-31618 unit to provide a thick, deep, and rich lower end. The sound quality is balanced and natural, with crisp clarity and lush vocals. The bass response is deep and punchy, the treble portion is smooth and detailed. This pair is suitable for any genre of music.
80.6mm Large Acoustic Tube
FiiO FA9 features a large 80.6mm acoustic tubes that bring output through the drivers to the ear nozzle. The sound tube acts as a low-pass filter that effectively filters out unneeded extra mids and highs from the drivers to ensure a seamless frequency response. The sound tube also ensures the mid-bass is smooth and clean while enhances bass texture in general.
3D Printed Resin Shells
The earpieces in FiiO FA9 are made with high precision 3D printing techniques to provide an ergonomic design and lightweight structure. With 4th generation DLP printing, the accuracy, efficiency and curing uniformity have been significantly improved from past iterations of DLP 3D printing. This allows the FA9 to have extremely precis and robust structure that fully optimised for audio that is difficult to archive with traditional manufacturing methods. The FA9 is lightweight at 6.2g each and fits closely and comfortably in your ear, and the all-new diamond-cut faceplate is integrated perfectly with the seamless translucent resin shell for a gorgeous look.
Three-Way Tuning Switches
The FiiO FA9 is an In-Ear Monitor that offers different sound signatures with the help of its Three-Way Tuning Switches. Although the general sound character remains the same, changes can be made on the bass and treble frequencies.
- S1 switch on: lower impedance and higher sensitivity, making the FA9 easier to drive
- S1 switch off: higher impedance for a more clean and natural sound, with a darker background and lower audible noise from the source
- S2 switch on: Treble Boost
- S2 switch off: Reference Type of Treble
- S3 switch on: Reduces the Bass and increase the Midrange
- S3 switch off: Does increase the Bass and reduced the Midrange
Supreme Quality Cable
FiiO FA9 has a supreme quality cable included in the package. It is an 8-core single-crystalline silver-plated copper cable with MMCX connectors and 3.5mm termination plug. The cable provides very low resistance to the audio signal and provides a well-detailed signal from the source to the IEM’s.
Bundled with Quality Accessories
The package included high-quality accessories including an HB3 leather carry case, 15 pairs of ear tips including 3 pairs of SpinFit premium ear tips, Cleaning Brush, and more.
- Six Knowles Balanced Armature Driver Units
- Bass Driver: 2 x Knowles HODVTEC-31618 BA Driver
- Treble Driver: 2 x Knowles SWFK-31376 (Highs/Ultra Highs) BA Driver
- Midrange Driver: 2 x Knowles EJ-33877 BA Driver
- Frequency response: 15Hz ~ 40kHz
- Sensitivity: 110 / 113 dB @ 1mW
- Impedance: 13 Ω (Low Impedance Mode) & 21 Ω (High Impedance Mode)
- Max. Input power: 100mW
- Three-Way Tuning Switch
- Four-way crossover design
- 80.6mm Large Acoustic Tube
- 8-Core Single-Crystalline Silver-Plated Copper Cable with MMCX connectors (1.2 m)
- 3.5mm gold-plated L-shaped plug jack