*Example set up with SC37 Speakers sold seperately.
Denon's new DM38 Micro Component HiFi System gives your audio a whole new perspective. With a clean dramatic sound the DM38 brings your music to life and surrounds you in audio bliss. (speakers available as an option - see below)
Boasting some great new features, Denon's DM38 HiFi range is literally exploding with audio brillance! You can use multiple sources to listen to your music collection - the possibilities are endless! Check out some of the brand new features below...
- Digitally transmitted play function for iPod and iPhone (via USB) for best sound quality
- Easy timer setting
- Easy-to-use remote control handset
Denon audio technology expertly combined to produce a smooth, dynamic sound
The DM38 is UK sound tuned to provide some serious hi-fi quality sound output! To maintain sound consistancy Denon have integrated a "Simple and Straight" circuit design - This maintains sound purity and keeps the audio free from coloration. With two 30 W high power outputs the DM38 is capable of producing an impressive roar. The smooth and dramatic sound is produced with negligible distortion and helped by the robust curcuit work that constantly provides a stable supply of electric current.
The triple noise reduction measures put in place by Denon are there to preserve signal purity
- Short signal path, to optimise performance in sound quality
- Thorough separation of digital and analog sections
- Precision signal ground circuit, to preserve signal purity
In the hunt for audio perfection try the SC-M37 speakers (available as an option below) inegrating Denon's CX concepts and technology. This includes D.D.L cone with ventilation hole, high definition tweeters with a ventilation hole and crossover networking to closely reproduce the most natural of sounds.
Portable Player Connectivity
With the Denon DM38s versatile connection possibilities you can pick up almost any device and connect it through the front mini Jack. There is even a handy USB input with iPod/iPhone/iPad support - the DM38 has you and any of your portable media devices covered!
The beauty of the Denon DM38 is its ease of use. You can connect up the system in your home, office, bedroom or anywhere you want to enjoy that premium Denon sound experience. The two-lines front display makes identifying tracks, or broadcast stations a breeze! The large made speaker terminals accomodate for 'ultra-tick' cables that will preserve sound quality.
Denon audio technology expertly combined ... to produce a smooth, dynamic sound
- UK sound-tuned serious hi-fi quality
The D-M38DAB’s CD Receiver and Speakers have been meticulously matched and soundtuned in the UK through collaboration between sound designers and Denon engineers.
- “Simple & Straight” circuit design for sound purity and free of coloration
Denon’s popular M series gives you high sound quality based on the “simple & straight” concept. Circuitry is uncomplicated, signal paths are short, and all adverse influences on sound quality have been minimised. The circuit design and the way the chassis is built ensure that the sound you hear is utterly faithful to the original performance.
- Triple noise reduction design to preserve signal purity
In an audio component where various circuits, boards, and wire layouts can influence each other, it is not possible to obtain satisfying specifications or sound simply by strengthening the power amp circuit. Denon has therefore eliminated three sources of noise to ensure that the sound is as clean as possible.
- Smooth, dramatic sound with negligible distortion
Distortion from the input selector, electronic volume and power amp has been suppressed to improve the signal-to-noise ratio and produce an even smoother, dramatic sound.
- Robust power circuit providing stable supply of electric current
The board and circuit configuration has been redesigned to achieve lower impedance. Since stable current is supplied to the power amp and other sections, it is possible to realise as much as 30 watts of power.
- Denon SC-M37 speakers ... inheriting Denon’s CX concepts and technology (available as an option - see below_
The SC-M37 speakers have been designed with Denon’s CX speaker concepts: “Simple and compact, quality cosmetic design”, “Denon Hi-Fi craftsmanship”, and “Professional skill for manufacturing”.
- The D.D.L. (DENON Double Layer) cone featuring light weight and high rigidity has been used for the woofer diaphragm. This dual-layered diaphragm with ventilation holes, designed with the help of minute simulations, ensures accurate piston motion across a wide frequency range. The resulting sound gives you an enormous sense of presence and expression that is hard to imagine from speakers of this compact size
- High definition tweeter with ventilation hole, to prevent the dome from swelling when the air inside heats up and to maintain uniform centring of the diaphragm.
- Crossover network, to reproduces the smoothness of natural sound.
Portable Player Connectivity
- Digitally transmitted play function for iPod (via USB)
You can listen to music files from your iPod by simply connecting it to the RCD-M38's USB port with the USB cable that came with the iPod. If you plug an iPod into the RCD-M38’s USB port while you’re listening to the radio, for instance, music from the iPod will immediately start to play. Or if you just came home after listening to your iPod while you were out, the same track will continue to play when you plug the iPod into the RCD-M38. Digital signals from the iPod are transmitted as is to the RCD-M38 where they pass through the high-precision D/A converter and are processed by advanced audio circuitry to produce a clean, high-quality sound. The iPod or iPhone battery is even charged while the RCD-M38 is switched on.
- Enjoy premium sound in your home office, bedroom, or any other room
The D-M38DAB’s compact size of 210 mm width and 310 mm depth lets you easily set the system up on a bookshelf or in a bedroom. With both beautiful sound and appearance, this high-class audio system easily blends into your daily life.
The D-M38’s 2-line display is fully utilised to make it easier for you to set the timer.
- Everyday/Once/Sleep Timer are avilable.
- Easy-to-use remote control handset
The keys have been laid out so that various media can be easily played both intuitively and visually. The buttons for the main operating sequences, such as Play, Skip, Stop, or Volume Up/Down, have been placed near each other for smooth, quick finger movement. Furthermore, buttons are coloured according to basic function to make them easier to find and use.
- DAB/DAB+/AM/ FM tuner
- Radio TEXT with RDS function
- MP3 and WMA playback (CD/USB)
- S.D.B. (Super Dynamic Bass)
- Tone Controls (Bass, Treble)
- Source Direct Function
- 2 Sets of Analog Stereo Inputs and Analog Stereo Outputs
- MONO Output for Subwoofer
- Headphone Jack
- Everyday/Once/Sleep Timer
*Speakers available as an option and are not included.